Whether you’re a Veteran, Reservist or currently on active duty, a VA loan can help you become a homeowner quicker than you could ever imagine! The main benefit of this loan, supported by the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs, is that it allows you to purchase a home without a down payment. But that’s not the only perk it comes with. Let’s explore all the ways a VA loan can help you.
- As stated above, most applicants can qualify for a home without a down payment. When applying for a VA loan, the VA will determine your eligibility and insurance for the loan, then a private lender disburses the loan.
- If you’ve served on active duty and have a discharge, you become eligible after a minimum of 90 days of service during wartime or 181 continuous days during peacetime.
- You don’t have to pay a monthly mortgage insurance premium. This allows you to focus your finances on creating a home that’s truly yours!
- Interest rates are flexible, plus there’s no pre-payment penalty.
- VA loans are assumable as long as the person assuming the loan is qualified.
- You don’t have to be a first-time homebuyer, and you may even be eligible to have your VA funding fee waved.
- Best of all, you can feel secure knowing the VA is behind you with additional assistance if you ever have an issue making your home loan payments in the future.
Visit The Village of Escaya in Chula Vista to learn more about how you can obtain a VA loan. Our three builders accept VA loans and will be happy to put you in touch with a mortgage partner today! To learn more about what our community has to offer, check out our homes and amenities.
Cameron Owens – CaOwens@loandepot.com
Lydia Rios-Bretschneider – LydiaRios-Bretschneider@eaglehm.com
James D. Bishop – firstname.lastname@example.org